Crankshaft sensor.

My wife is having problems starting her car. She has been told that the crankshaft sensor needs to be changed. I know where the part is located. on the right lower side of her engine. i have removed her wheel and loosen her fanbelt, but I cannot for the life of me loosen the bolt that covers the Vibration damper (Ithink that is what it is called) to get to the sensor. Any answers would be very helpful. Her car is a 1995 Pontiac Bonneville.

Reply to
swick

You will have to hold the flywheel with a lock or have someone hold it with a pry bar. If you have a impact wrench you could use it. You will need a special puller for the harmonic balancer. (Rent from part store if you don't have one) Be sure not to pull it from the outside or you could ruin it. Also when you replace the sensor be sure to gap it correctly. You will need a feeler gauge.

Reply to
Micah