ABS

Three days ago suddenly ABS light went on the dashboard , and clicking sound during first few feet of running the car after start disappeared. Today the light is gone , but the noise of starting ABS is missing. Any idea what going on ?

Chuck Olds Intrigue 99

Reply to
Bol

Shep

You can find out the reason the light came on by having the computer scanned.

What do you mean when you say "after start disappeared"?

If the light is gone, chances are the system is working ok for now. The teeth on the tone wheels (for the wheel-speed sensors) sometimes get gunk between them. Sometimes the wheel speed sensors themselves (which are magnets) pick up debris that block the signal from the tone wheel. This will disable the system and turn the light on, and could remedy its self and then turn the light back off again too....

Did you ever notice the noise of the abs pump starting before the light started to come on?

Reply to
Olaf

The noise I could hear every time I started driving was kind of metallic clicking . If that was a abs pump than it is now gone. With ice melted I cannot really check the abs brakes.

Thanks Chuck

Reply to
Bol