Does GM have anything Stylish Coming Out?

And, it could be the worst dollar you ever spent.

In big business, things are not always what they seem. GM is struggling to stay alive. I wish them well.

Reply to
<HLS

At least half of that was earned tax free in the US, on vehicles assembled of low cost imported parts. If GM and Ford did not have to pay federal corporate income taxes and could get all of their part made in China and other low wage Asian countries, they too would as wealthy. ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Good idea. Good buy as well since GM sell millions more vehicles in the US than any other vehicle manufacture in the world.. You could be rich for a dollar LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Not good idea Not a good buy GM is loosing more millions on vehicles in the US than any other vehicle manufactor in the world They lose about $1000 on each vehicle sold You would be in huge debt for the dollar

Mike Hunter wrote:

Reply to
Gosi

Hardly, the cost of building any vehicle is not even half of the invoice price. They may be loosing money in the business presently but not on the vehicles LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Hardly, the cost of building any vehicle is not even half of the invoice price. They may be loosing money in the business presently but not on the vehicles LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

There are interesting articleseries on

and Ford deathwatch

Reply to
Gosi

If GM and Ford did not have to pay federal

And if the dog didnt stop to lick himself, he might have caugh the rabbit.

Reply to
hls

Reply to
Gosi

According to the WSJ Toyota higher profit per vehicle can be attributed to the $1,400 less than domestics manufactures that it pays in wages and benefits to it employees in the US, for every vehicle it builds the US. Seem to me that says a lot about the people willing to pay an average of 20% more for a vehicle, that is on average no better than others and cost less to build. They apparently are not very astute consumers. I must admit I was once one of those that did, but I wised up several years ago an switched back to domestics ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Not quite, the percentages where not year-over-year sales but for September

2006 sales over September of 2005. GM sold the most vehicles during September 2006 and Ford was second, both at much higher totals than Toyota total sales.

Fords car sales were up, but their truck sales were down, vis a v September of 2005. Percentage are always relative, for example Tundra sales were indeed up twenty some percent over September 2005 to a total of around

12,000 for the month. Ford an GM truck sales where down a few percentage points, but Ford sold around six times as many F150s, over 72,000 and GM sold over 60,000 Silverados for the month. Dodge sold far more trucks as well ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

The trend is clear Toyota is leading the pack

If you don't make the system now, as Toyota continues to make hybrids much cheaper and in greater numbers, the others won't be able to catch up."

German pondered that hybrids could reach 50 - 70 percent of the market in 10 years. He added, "I live in Detroit. I don't want to see the Big 3 go out of business. But that's a possibility."

GM is > Not quite, the percentages where not year-over-year sales but for September

Reply to
Gosi

Don't give up your day job. An automotive industry consultant, you're not.

Reply to
Mike Marlow