GMC 1997 Help with ignition trouble

I have a 1997 Sonoma with roughly 50,000 miles one it. The problem is that the truck is having a hard tine starting. When the key is turned to the "on" position normally the truck (as with most models) will go through a self check meaning all the dash lights will light up, the fuel pump kicks on, and so forth. Well every now and then that self check doesn't come on at all. The battery is still good because if I were to turn the key to the "start" postilion the engine will turn over with no problem however with no fuel pump or any other electronics running the truck just won't start. Any suggestions?

2003 History A 50,000 mile tune up and overhall was completed over the summer with no problems. In the middle of fall a new battery was purchased that had 625 CCAs which is 100 more then the previous. A few weeks after is when all this began. The problem seems to happen more often when the Temperature is between 40-50, but not limited to that range.
Reply to
XRXNPS

johnny