Grand Am Help

Does anyone know anything about the security light on a 1999 Grand Am? At times it will come on and it will not start until you wait ten minutes before it will start. I had the control module replaced a year ago. (over $500.00) Does anyone know how to get rid of the module or bypass it?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

The security system is integral to the vehicle. Does your ignition key have a resistor pellet in it? If so I would lean toward the lock cylinder having a break in the wires, causing the wrong, or no value getting to the module. Gerald

Reply to
Certainly

The security system is integral to the vehicle. Does your ignition key have a resistor pellet in it? If so I would lean toward the lock cylinder having a break in the wires, causing the wrong, or no value getting to the module. Gerald

It does not have resistor pellet in the key.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry