Heater Core Location ?

Where is the heater core on a1989 Cavalier ? Lost about a gallon in the interior today. I didn't look yet but I am assuming the core went. Thanks

Reply to
JRL

I believe it's behind the glove box, but I don't recall ever doing one on this model, so I'm not sure.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Should be on the fire wall behind the glove box, under the dashborad. Try removing the glove box liner & ECM. Then you should have a good sight line to the heater box. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

My 87 was behind the console where the radio resides. Best to call the dealer, or get a book to find out for sure.

Reply to
clevere

The heater core, is behind the glove box, but you will probally have to get underneath the front end to undo the hoses to it.

Reply to
A Frazier

I had the 2,8 V6 in mine and the Antifreeze should of discharged outside of the vehicle . My 89 had a discharge hose on the outside.

The HC is in the midldle of the firewall behind the console. You can see the black cover there under the dash. ABout 8 screws hld the cover in place. There is a hidden screw buried in a deep pocket recession, close to the firewall up over the gas or brake pedal. Very hard to get at too........good luck. Its fairly simple once you get the cover off.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~283,383 miles_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

It way depend on which engine you have but those hoses, as mentioned, can be VERY difficult to get too without a vehicle lift. GW

A Frazier wrote:

Reply to
Geoff Welsh