HELP....Olds remote lock prgm instructions

I have a 1997 Olds 88 and got a second used remote door unlocker off Ebay.

I tried the system where you take out the radio fuse, turn on/off 3 times etc. but my door locks/trunk do not cycle to tell me its ready to prgm.

Is there another system to do this year car ? I may have the wrong instructions ( found them on the net )

Thanks in advance

Reply to
ZZR

Mike Levy

Thanks, I found it . Here they are , same as Buick.

1997 to 1999 Buick Lesabres

Important Before entering the programming mode, verify possession of all the transmitters you will be using on the vehicle. Once you program the transmitter, the memory erases. The other transmitters will not be functional until you program the transmitters again. You may program up to 4 transmitters.

Perform the following procedure when adding new transmitters or replacing failed transmitters:

1 Turn the ignition switch OFF. 2 Use a fused jumper wire in order to jumper the DLC terminal 8 (BLK/WHT) to terminal 4 (BLK). 3 Close all of the doors. 4 Turn the ignition switch ON. The doors will cycle to lock. 5 Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button on one transmitter. After a 30 second delay the doors will lock and unlock.

Important Do not turn the ignition OFF or the first transmitter will become inoperative.

6 In order to program extra transmitters, repeat step 5. Disconnect the fused jumper wire from the DLC.
Reply to
ZZR