High Mileage oil (Quick Booster Super Motor Lube)??

Anyone know whether these types of oil are good for your car as advertised?

My mechanic advised I put some "Quick Booster Super Motor Lube" as an additive in my car's engine oil. This is a little 500ml bottle for $20.

I wanted to get some people feedback first before proceeding. First of all do these thing harm your engines in anyway? Does it improve lubrication?

He showed me a demostration where he had sprayed a bit of this stuffs onto a little bolt attached to a drill press and he started the thing spinning, then lowered the bolt onto a metal surface at the bottom as it is spinning. Surprising the thing kept spinning for quite a while, showing how well the lubrication works.

He replaced this with a bolt without "Super quick" and the spining ceased up almost immediately. I was very impressed.

However I wanted to be sure that this oil additive doesn't damage your engine in anyway.

Wording on the bottle says: Quick Booster Super Motor Lube, 80000km protection Made in Canada , pays for itself in gas saving. For Stronger, Smoother, Cooler, Less Fuel Consumption, Reduced Friction and Wear. The bottle is plastic and has a gold colour label.

Anyone used this stuff?

Reply to
Sam Kaan

My view on those things is that if it really worked like that then the car manufacturers would put it in as standard stuff.

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

The problem is with engine heat and other by products from combustion engine, this product will break down just like any engine oil. That is why you must change engine oil frequently. Buy good quality oil (Mobile 1; Havoline, Quaker State, etc..) and change it often ( 3- 4 times per year). If you have high mileage vehicle (more than 200,000 km), you may want to consider slightly thicker oil. That means stay away from 5W30 that is formulated strictly for winter use or reduce gas consumption purpose during cold morning.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

That's not a very good test, but nonetheless, you don't run your car without oil now do you? To make his 'test' mean anything the bolt would have to be coated with your oil of choice then compared to your oil of choice + additive.

Reply to
Cory Dunkle

Forget the 'Snake Oil' quick fix additives. Our fleet service business does oil testing, once and engine reaches 50K. Testing clearly show the best thing one can do for an aging engine is change the oil more frequently. Get rid of the products of combustion, that become more prevalent in an engine that is showing wear, that break down the oil more quickly than when the end was still tight.

mike hunt

Sam Kaan wrote:

Reply to
MikeHunt2

A friend of mine tried ProLong engine treatment in a 90 K 3800, and cold weather starting improved.considerably. I tried it in my 81 El Camino, with less than 5 K on rebuilt engine, yes, cold starting improved noticably, currently running Mobil 1, so I wasn't expecting to see any noticable difference. To my suprize, cold weather cranking improved. I love the V6 for winter duty, easy to spin.

Reply to
451 CTDS