93 blazer dies intermitantly

My wife bought me a 93 s-10 blazer 4 door for christmas.4.3L vortec v-6. My problem is that it runs like a stiped a_ _ dog most times-fast, no misses or hesitation at all. Suddenly it started runnin real rough after goin around a turn,drove it home that way{ about 15 miles} Parked it cause it was way too cold out to work on.Came out this morning and started it right up-took a 15 minute spin in it with no problems what so ever.Came back out three hours later-again started with no problem-drove it 15 or 20 minutes turned it off to get a soda at the gas station came back out-again started with no trouble then while making a right turn it started to sputter and then died in the road.Turns over well,fuses are ok,everything else electrical works fine -just wont start.Any ideas?

Reply to
robert elkins

1) How much fuel is in the tank? If it's less than ¼, then try it after filling it. (Start with the obvious) 2) Next time you fill it, put in some *fuel system cleaner* or *gas line anti-freeze* or other methanol/ethanol formula. Could be that you have some water or ice in the tank. Vuarra

Vuarra
3/4 tank of gas in it.Will try cleaner if I can start it.
Reply to
robert elkins

If the car sat a long while, dirt could be plugging / unplugging a fuel filter. Since the car is new to you, start a schedule by changing all fluids and filters. Grounds are wimpy on modern cars. Add a [ Ford starter cable ] jumper from wherever Negative battery cable goes to frame rail. Replace bolts with Stainless Steel ones. Add a 10 guage jumper, with terminals, not twisted wire, from frame rail to cowl, and a second jumper to radiator support. Your delicate electronics will last a lot longer.

Reply to
451 CTDS