High Performance Parts

I was wondering if there are any high performance parts for a 2.5 4 cylinder
engine? If so can anyone direct me to them please. I got about 20k to spend
on helping things out.
Reply to
abomb6900
The GM Performance Parts Catalog:
Used to have tons of 2.5 and 2.8/3.1 performance parts about ten years ago anyway. Steel cranks, brand-X cylinder heads and all kinds of blocks for the 2.5.
I hope this helps?
But if you have 20K, why not buy a Camaro or Firebird T/A. The T/A's are a bit faster, and spend some serious dollars and run 11's or faster with an every day driver?
92 to 96 are about the best years from what I hear, but I did a 92 Z-28 with a sequential injection computer, and it runs like a beast.
Refinish King
Reply to
Refinish King
In article , snipped-for-privacy@insightbb.com says...
If you have 20K why would you waste your time on a 4-cylinder??? You can easily buy a 2000-2002 WS6 Trans Am that pumps out 325HP stock and will NEVER be mistaken for a lowly 4-banger.
Reply to
Dennis Smith
Or wait a year or two and pick up a97-2004 Z-06 for cheap since the new style is coming out and there will be a glut of them on the used market.
Reply to
Paradox
Good god man, I can only hope you have a racecar that uses a 2.5L or something. Having owned a 2.5L Fiero, I can tell you they're best used as boat anchors.
That said, GM (Pontiac) used to have a whole line of Super Duty parts for it - there were some racing series that used the 2.5's - some kind of dirt class IIRC.
What kind of car? There's a 99% chance you'd be better off spending the 20K on an engine swap for a 3.8 or a smallblock...
Ray
Reply to
ray
Leave it to Smith to provide the in house comedy.......hahahahahahahaha.
========= Harryface ========= 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~284,090 miles_~_~_
~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

Reply to
Harry Face
Like I told the other person, I wanna have somthing unusual, not just for speed, but for fun. I dont want a NEW car to do this with.
Reply to
abomb6900
you'll get 2 passes out of it before you're fishing what's left of the timing gear out of oil pan.
Why not a combo toilet/chainsaw? At least one is supposed to be shitty. Sorry, the 2.5 sucks as a performance engine. Might be useful if you owned a tractor...
Reply to
ray
One of the sites that great to browse for high performance parts is
They displays quite a number of great choices.
Reply to
eglobalmarketingpro

Site Timeline Threads