How do you

disable the airbags on a 2001 Bonneville? Will the still deploy if the battery is disconnected?

Reply to
pm

Why would you want to? The car's safety system is designed around those.

Reply to
clevere

I think he's asking because he wants to work on the car, and doesn't want accidental deployment? (I could be wrong, but he's not driving far with the battery disconnected).

AFAIK, if you disconnect the battery and leave the car for 10 minutes, the capacitors will discharge, and you'll be fine to work around the sensors. (That's the trick on my park ave anyways).

Reply to
Tony

Well .. you never know now-a-days..a plus I was asleep when I replied.

Reply to
clevere

No, I don't want to drive it without the airbags. Just need to work on the steering column and don't want to deploy the bags. 10 minutes with the battery disconnected will discharge the capacitors, huh. any way to make sure they are inert?

Reply to
pm

Reply to
Bobo