Many Thanks to.....

the GM engineer who designed the 5.7 V8 for the 1991 Cadillac Brougham. I love the part where you have to remove the passenger front wheel & wheelwell splash guard to access the spark plugs. My wrists & forearms are all scratched up, no thanks to you.

Could you have made the edges of the tin heat shields above the plugs any sharper? I hope its 104 degrees and rainy on the day of your daughter's outdoor wedding.

May the satellites in space be out of whack that dark & stormy night you press your OnStar button for help.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~_~278, 469 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

I often hear mechanics complain "the damned engineers that design it should fix it". Alot of cars have "quirks". Like the Stratus sedan, to get to the battery you have to do pretty much the same thing as replacing the plugs on that the Caddy. On LeSabres you have to take out the back seat bench to replace the battery.

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

Harry Face wrote in alt.autos.gm

Nothing new there. I had a 72 Dodge that I had to do the same thing. Remember also, that the plugs on those cars needed to be changed alot more often. As much fun as burying the plugs in a deep valve cover so that you cannot even hope to see the hole while you try to put the new plugs in. You have to have the plug hanging out the end of the socket, on the end of an extension. Then you try to thread them in while you cannot even see the hole at the top.

Reply to
Dick C

Reply to
jhill