need help with a starting problem

Once in a while my sons car won't start. Olds 96 cutlass 3.1. It does have the security key. It won't crank. Nothing. Not sure if it is the security giving him trouble or the alternator. Any suggestions or ideas to trouble shoot? I can work on cars if pointed in the right direction. Thanks

Reply to
Tj

David J and Lynne J Shepherd

If it is an intermittent problem the fault lies in the starting system, not the coded key. Have the system evaluated by a competent tech before your son is left stranded, WBMA.

mike hunt

Tj wrote:

Reply to
MikeHunt