No fuel pressure on 97 Jimmy

I have a 97 Jimmy that will not build fuel pressure. If you give it starting fluid it will start and run on the starting fluid but then die
when you stop feeding it. No pressure at the rail. Other symptoms I have found are that the oil pressure gauge stopped working (Stuck on 20 PSI). The fuel gauge shows just under full and it only has about 1/4 tank. It will not come out of park. All these things worked fine until the fuel issue. I have changed the fuel filter and found that it was pretty well blocked off. I have read that there is a fuel pump run wire under the hood. Is this true? Where would I find it? Any other way to test the pump? I hate to drop the tank and change it out ($300.00) without knowing its bad. Especially since I have the other symptoms. What other types of fuel shutdown safety/security items are on this vehicle (IE. low oil pressure, inertia shutdown)?
You need to see a good mechanic. One possibility is a corroded ground point or two. You need someone who knows how to diagnose the problem instead of throwing parts and guessing at the problem. A good mechanic would be cheaper in the long run.

I had a '97 Blazer that had a bad ignition switch, it would turn over and everything but would not start because the ignition portion was not working. Maybe you could look into that, is the fuel pump even running? You should hear it run briefly when you first turn the ignition switch on.

-