No oil to the top end

Just rebuilt a 327 on my 68 Vette and there is no oil coming up to the rockers. Any ideas where the clog might be or how to clear it? I used the tool and drill to prime the oil channels but it won?t flow anywhere but to the oil pressure port. Is there a diagram of the oil channels and oil path availabe somewhere? gshafer

Reply to
gshafer1716

The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups---= - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

Reply to
Shep

You need How To Rebuild Small Block Chevys, I forget the author but it had a mechanic on the cover putting an intake manifold on a small block.

I rebuilt 4 of them using it and never had a problem.

Reply to
Scott

What lifters do you have and how did you adjust them? How long did you run the primer? You did remember to install all the oil gallery plugs?

Basic oil flow in the small block is Sump Pump Filter/bypass Mains/rods (through the crank) Camshaft (oil comes up from the mains) Lifters (through the oil galleries on either side) Pushrods Rocker arms and valve stems Drain back into sump from all the above (drain from front camshaft bearing lubes timing chain)

Reply to
Steve W.

Hey gshafer, pay close attention to Steve W's list above--I'd guess you oughta look closely at one particular area I've seen problems in lately--Steve's "Filter/bypass" reminder! Somehow those early 327 year engines cause basic misunderstanding of what goes where, and lately I've seen several so-called "factory-rebuilt" engines with parts omitted. s

Reply to
sdlomi2

Seems that I remember that those oil gallery plugs (Welch type) could be a weak spot as well. Racers often threaded them and installed pipe plugs.

Reply to
HLS