Noise from the front of the car

Hi All!

My 1984 Cadillac Fleetwood 4.1 V8 again... Two days ago i replaced my thermal fan clutch. Here is:

I hear a noise from the belts yet. The noise louder when the throttle is in idle position. When i step to the throttle the noise is gone.

What is the problem? Can water pump give noise if that fail? What should i see?

Thanks for your help!

Reply to
toth.zoltan

Sure the water pump can make noise, kind of hard to describe though. Grab ahold of the fan and try to wiggle it. If there's visible movement of the fan blades, then you probably ought to consider replacing the water pump.

Other sources of noise could be anything driven by the belts; especially the alternator.

good luck,

nate

Reply to
N8N