old gm

Is it possible to get an old looking gm made of new technology?

I am thinking about some grand looking car but made of lightweight fibers etc.

I would not mind having my grand old impala made of fibers.

Reply to
Gosi

Look at the new Camaro's, mustangs, challengers etc. Pretty much old cars with new tech.

Reply to
Mark W.

I believe you can buy a "new" shoebox (55-56) Chevy. IIRC, you have a choice of "original" or "modern" chassis. I don't have the details, but DAGS and you can find out more.

Personally, I think I would look for an old A-body and just drive it. Supposedly those were the best riding/handling cars GM ever made, and they only got better with each revision until the 70s came along. Supposedly the chassis kept improving, but the crushed velour interiors and asthmatic engines took away the fun.

I do have to resist the temptation to stop and ask about the '67 Cutlass 'vert parked at a nearby gas station...

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

here's one possibility

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

you can get a complete chassis from Art Morrison as well:

although you can also buy a AM chassis for a Studebaker C-K body, which is infinitely prettier :) (yes, I am biased...)

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel