Re: 2001 Impala Radiator Fan Shroud Assembly

Sorry - it's a 2000 Impala

Help, > > Having overheat problems - one fan (passenger side) squeaks terribly, but > does blow - other fan seems normal. > > I am getting the fan assembly (both fans and shroud - no option) - but I > don't know where to start the removal process - it looks complicated (not > much room, engine mounts, large part etc.) > > Thx in advance. > > Glen > > >
Reply to
Glen Vandervoort

Best bet, get a Hanes Manual. I have a feeling that you are looking at extensive work. But I'm merely a DIY kinda guy and no expert at this kinda thing.

Hopefully someone with experience can help you.

Also try

for resources. Cheers and good luck, Animal56

Reply to
Animal56

"Glen Vandervoort" wrote

Glen, start by removing the engine strut mounts, disconnect the upper rad hose at the radiator, get the air filter assembly out of the way, remove the fender brace, unhook the trans cooler lines at the bottom of the shroud (they are just clipped in), remove a couple of plastic rivets at the bottom the shroud, remove two retaining bolts on either side of the shroud, disconnect the wiring to the fans. It should come out now. Not easily, but it will come out.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai