Re: A GM town fears for its future

Today when most of the American steel companies are gone, or owned by

> foreign inventors, the majority of steel is imported and thousands of good > paying American jobs are gone forever. > > Those steelworkers, still at work, have lost most of their benefits and > are working for less. The same is true for autoworkers is foreign owned > auto "assembly only" plants in the US today, even though the foreign cars > cost American MORE to buy. > > If you want to buy steel today 85% of it is imported, harder to get on > time and it costs TWICE as much as when it was made by Bethlehem Steel > etall. American steel is a prime example of what will happen to American > autos, if Americans continue to buy imports over domestics. > > The same thing that happened to steel will happen with the cars you buy. > It is happening even as we speak. According the US Department of > Commerce, no matter how they try to spin it, Toyota imports the majority > of their vehicles it sells in the US, at higher prices than domestic of > similar size and with similar equipment, and the majority of the materials > and parts they used to only assemble vehicles in the US, are NOT sourced > in the US > > mike

Damn right.

My fleet: 87' Bronco II, 2000 Chev Astro, 2004 Ford Mustang,

2003 Ford Ranger, 2003 Ford ZX2.
Reply to
Anonymous

I do not intend to give the impression that import vehicles are no good. The fact is, all manufactures are building great stuff today but the imports are overpriced at the dealerships, and taking away good paying American jobs. Why spend more money to buy cars that are no better and send the profits and jobs out of the county?

I have owned many domestics and imports over the years, including a half dozen Lexus V8s. I discovered is imports are no better than the domestics I have owned and have been buying since 1999.

Since I stated buying domestics only, I have saved thousand over what it was costing me to replace my imports every two years. In addition I have been saving hundred of dollars annual, having my domestic serviced, over what it was costing me to have my vehicles serviced at the import dealerships.

Currently I own a 2005 Lincoln LS V8, that I keep at my home in Key West, a

2006 Lincoln Zephyr and a 2007 Mustang GT Convertible and have a 2008 Lincoln MKZ on order.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

This is one fine auto plant...have been on tours through it and it gave me a great childhood as my Father worked there many years and retired from that plant on the motor line. Best wishes to the Lordstown plant and the people.

Bruce Fryman

Reply to
Ham Radio U.S.A.