Re: Asian brands dominate reliability list; Ford Motor is best domestic

Here's a good article for you to read from the Detroit Free Press auto critic, "6 Myths of the Detroit 3":

Derek

Reply to
Derek Gee

That was a move from the A to the W platform. My point was if they cared about brand loyalty they would have called the Lumina a Celebrity, and not put discs with bad slides on the rear. They went backwards in quality. You have to *always* go forward, or don't try to sell it.

That's more a personal perception than anything else. Doesn't keep their market share from increasing.

You can google the problem. Peeling, not fading. Luckily the gray primer is still good under the paint so it's pretty easy to feather the edges a bit and hit it with a spray can. Still doesn't look new, and it's a pita. My cousin saw mine at a family picnic and it turned out his white Lumina has peeled worse than mine. His driver's seat also has collapsed springs by the door as mine does. I checked at the dealer for a new seat before my last Florida trip and you can't get one. Would have to have an upholsterer fix it. Might have been "big" previous owners causing that. Didn't bother me on the trip, so I expect my ass has adjusted to it. I'll have to ask my wife if it's lopsided. Like I said, since this kind of thing just makes it easier for me to get the cars cheap it doesn't bother me, but it turns off new car buyers. I care more about the mechanicals when I buy, and my Chevys have put on a lot of trouble free miles with good mpg. I won't be changing brands.

That's what I think. Hard to imagine GM gone. Don't know where you're from, and you might not like this, but I'm a protectionist bastard. Toyota freaks would just call me a xenophobe. That's globalist bullshit, of course. Canada is a foreign country to me, so any deal to bail out GM should get some of those jobs back here. I wouldn't buy a new car that's made in Canada. Rather buy a U.S. made Toyota or Honda. Used is different, since the damage has been done. Don't care if GM makes cars in Canada for Canadians.

--Vic

Reply to
Vic Smith