Re: Monte Carlo 2002 3.4L - unbelievable

> "You had a bad day > You're taking it down > You sing a sad song > just to turn it around... > > You had a bad day > You had a bad day" > > ( the Chipmunk movie) > > > Still working on the Monte Carlo a 2002 3.4 L

Again... what is going on ??? Do I have the wrong car here ??? >

I'd say so.

I can't imagine a Monte Carlo with a six-cylinder engine.

You should at least have a 350 in there if not a 454.

Reply to
PerfectReign

Red Car + Monte Carlo + 454 = don't believe I can handle all the speeding tickets Johnny Law would be trying to pass out.

Gas is hitting 3.60 a gallon... it ain't like the old days when it cost 27.9 cents. A 454 would guzzle the stuff so quick, it wouldn't know what it tastes like.

I liked the old SS's. Another great one was the '70 Dodge Challenger 440 and the 69 Ford Cobra's but this is a GM group so we won't go there.

'56 Chevy was a piece of junk, but looked good with flames airbrushed on. AM radio was kinda cool, you could travel down the east coast and catch one radio station. (most of the stations were offline on Sunday morning). Had a tri power intake manifold...3 Holly's but could never get it running right.

We used to pull engines using 2 x 4's and a couple of strong people. Rear wheel drive made it a lot easier.

The good news is, I figured out the workaround to remove the parts. The bad news is, it ain't like it is in the service manual, so it took some extra time and used up more than a few gray cells.

The good news is... at least NOW I have a service manual, plus parts, plus tools and a nice place to work. Don't need to set points with a matchbook cover anymore or use a flashlight bulb to figure out if the regulator was regulating generator output.

Peter

Reply to
Peter