Real Snow Tires Suck on Dry Highways

To alt.autos.gm: Well I've got a real old car (1985) that needs a hard to find tire size: 225/75R15. Bad enough that the two rear rims on my car turned out to be bent. I can't get them balanced. So I got lucky and found some replacements with snow tires mounted on them. I thought "let's leave the snows on", since they're going on the rear of the car and see how they do. The shake is gone when driving on the highway now, but I think snow tires are dangerous. The car handles very poorly on the ramps, sways a lot more in a cross wind and lets not forget that good old noise 'tire wine', which they make at any speed over city driving. For the less than 1 per cent of year when the roads are completely snow covered, I think snow tires are a waste of money. (unless you get them free with some rims).

Reply to
erness.wild