replacing lower intake gasket on 2001 Montana

I'm considering replacing the lower intake manifold gasket my self.

From what I understand it's quite a bit of work.

Is there any thing unusual or tricky about this job? Has any one done this?

Thank you for your help and any suggestions Maciej

Reply to
Maciej

I have done the intake manifold gasket last year using Ian procedure. It was exactly that except that I removed the EGR valve for more clearance. You can find the procedure by searching for:

"Ian intake question for you alt.autos.gm" in google groups.

If your sparg plugs are close from reaching their expected lifetime it's a nice opportunity to replace them. Same thing for the thermostat. Plan almost a day of work and make sure you have all the required parts (valve cover gaskets, EGR gasket, heather pipe O ring, threadlocker for bolts, etc...).

Not a hard job but a time consuming job. I personally used a digital camera and take picture of every steps.

Good luck!

Note: A special big Thank you! to Ian for writing the procedure. It was a very helpful.

Eric.

Reply to
ega

I don't think I have kept them :-(. I used them as a personal reference to make sure I don't forget any details. At that time I never thought these pics could be useful to someone else.

Reply to
ega

Did you do this on a van? Or was it on a car?

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Reply to
ega

Did I tell you to leave the rear valve cover in place? I changed my method a while back, and can't remember if I told you the more recent method, or the long way.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai