1997 Chevy Cavalier fuel leak and P0300

Hello, My 1997 Chevy Cavalier with a 2.2 L has a very significant leak from the va por canister vent valve, just above the vapor canister in front of the fron t passenger wheel well. It also has been giving me a P0300 code, multiple m isfire. It runs terribly, and it seems to be getting worse. Are these 2 con ditions related, and if so, what would be the most likely fix? I replaced t he fuel pump 6 months ago, and then the theft system light came on, so it s at for the last 6 months. I finally took it to a dealership a week and a ha lf ago, and they replaced the ignition switch. Any help would be appreciate d. Thanks.

Reply to
jonathan.wilson.77777

My honest opinion, give it up and buy a new vehicle. Cost of repairs on a 20 year old car will probably be much higher than the value of the car.

Replacing the canister can be problematic if rust is part of the problem. Do you have emission testing to pass?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

If I had the money to buy a new vehicle, I would. The state I live in doesn 't require emissions testing. I finally broke down and put it in the shop, and the guy said that I most likely switched two of the lines when I replac ed the fuel pump. I find that kinda hard to believe, since I was very sure that I put it back together in the same configuration that it was originall y, but we'll see what he says. I'll update this thread when I find somethin g out.

Reply to
jonathan.wilson.77777