Safari DRL (Day running light)

Good day all, you may have seem my previous post about my new GMC Safari 2000 Cargo van that I purchased. Another thing I have noticed once the car is running, the headlights+ parking lights SWITCH have no effect on the lights at all.

Once the van is running, all lights are ON (headlights+parking lights). Does not matter if it's night or day there are always on.

There is a dome light overide button, the light switch and a dimmer button, is there anywhere that I could bypass the automatic mode of the lights?

What could cause this?

Thanks again, Ben

Reply to
Bencrx91