Sensor ckeck up

Hi all, I have a 1997 Buick LeSabre Limited edition. I would like to check all sensors and all adjustments for the winter. What should I do for the best ? Should I bring my car to the dealer for the general tune up (it may be expensive)? Any suggestion is very appreciated. Thank you very much. Have a nice day.

Huu

Reply to
Tra

If you know a good mechanic that would be the best bet. Mechanics even when they're wearing a dealership uniform can be bad just like any other mechanic.

If you don't know, or can get trusted referrals for any good mechanics or shops, a dealership "tend" to be better for your specific vehicle than the chain shops.

Reply to
Full_Name

There is very little checking you can do with the sensors. The best thing you can do for the winter is first have the battery and charging system checked. If the battery is over five years old it is best to replace it. Check the cooling system and if the antifreeze hasn't been replaced it should be since it is seven years old. Check the brakes for good pad material left and disks/drums in good shape. Depending on mileage it may be time for new plugs and check the wires. Is it running smooth and good gas mileage? Fix any known problems. If you take it to a dealer it is guaranteed he will come up with at least $2000 worth of work that "HAS" to be done. If you want to have it looked at take it to an independent service shop and have it looked at. Check around with friends etc for someone who is trustworthy.....

Reply to
Woody

If you take your vehicle into a shop with this type of request....you are just asking to be bent over. There is nothing to check with sensors...they either work or they don't. There are no real adjustments on your vehicle. I'd be concerned about the battery and connections, strength/age of your a/freeze...etc. If you do want a "tune up"...all you need to do on this vehicle is ask to have the spark plugs replaced and the fuel filter replaced. You ought to be able to check the air filter yourself. About the only other things that might help is to have the throttle body cleaned....but if she's running good, I'd skip that for now.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai