check engine light for 2001 intrepid se

my check engine light came on last week but before it came on it started jerking real bad and ideling real high then it shut off can you please help me it has 81000 miles on it

Reply to
keesee

You would have to find out what the P code is. have someone do a scan test on the engine controller

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

When was the last tune up ??? Have you ever changed the spark plugs?? Start by Haveing the codes read from the computer

Reply to
sqdancerLynn

I had it scanned for codes and it came back the camshaft sensor and crankshaft sensor how can I replace this myself. Where is it located at on the engine

Reply to
keesee via CarKB.com

Well first of all we don't know what engine it has . The other thing is if the codes are for crank and cam sensor you may have an electrical issue causing both to fail. I don't think that both sensors failed at the same time

Reply to
maxpower

it is a 2.7 liter engine

Reply to