Strange noise

I have a 2005 Cavalier which is making a noise,almost a banging sound when you turn. It seems to be coming from the right front. My mechanic took it for a ride but it didn?t do it. Also it seems when it makes the noise the car will drift to the right if you let go of the wheel. Any suggestions?

Reply to
bettybias

Sound like you have either a very bad CV joint or a bad wheel bearing hub on the right front. I would have it checked out before the unit fails completely and you cause an accident, Take it to another mechanic for a second opinion perhaps try finding one who knows what they are doing.

Snow...

Reply to
Snow