Thermometer in Mirror

That outdoor temp thermometer in the RV mirror on my Suburban has gone flakey on me. Occasionally it works right, but most of the time the temp's around 125 (even when there is snow on the ground). The compass works fine. I'm guessing it is a problem with the sensor or grounding. Anyone know where to find it? I can't seem to find any wiring diagrams. I believe it is in the engine compartment. I really love it, but not enough to plunk down a few hundred $$ to the dealer for a new one.

Thanks!

Gary

Reply to
Optonline

In a lot of vehicles the sensor is in front of and at the bottom of the radiator behind the grill. It almost looks a bit like an 02 sensor with 2 wires coming out of it. Check to make sure the connections are clean and dry and that it's not bent back into the rad assembly.

Reply to
Full_Name

Great! Thanks!

G.