Thinking of Buying a 94 Lesabre

Hi Local Dealer has a 1994 Buick Lesabre 3800 V6 Ive heard these engines are extremly durable Any Problem areas I should Look For ? Accoding to him was a one owner dealer trader Has 118,000 km's on it Clean inside and out he is asking 5400$ CND for it Good Price? What kind of Fuel Mileage should i expect?

Thanks in Advance for your Help JT

Reply to
John Thomson

Just sold my 98 lesabre custom with 96k miles for 3900 US. Great shape Az car, private party. Trouble spots: interior is cheaply made, rattles, creaks..... typical gm quality issues. Engine intake manifold coolant leaks are common, though mine didn't have that problem. Did have a lot of fuel issues, injectors replaced, fuel regulator, etc. dealership said these are common too. Couldn't stand the noise of driving with the back windows down at speed, terrible wind buffeting, dealer said it is normal.

All in all, disappointing, the name Buick used to mean a quality car. YMMV

Chuck in Phoenix

Reply to
Chuck

My wife's previous car was a '95 Olds 88 LSS, 3800 Gen II motor, ABS, traction control, etc. (same car as the LeSabre, probably a bit firmer suspension though). It had 100K miles but never had given us any problems. She now drives a company car, an '03 Toyota Avalon. The Toyota is a lot more smooth and refined (zero rattles, great fit/finish), but it has no personality. I liked the 88 better. I liked its looks, it's personality. Plus the Olds would be cheaper to fix if something went wrong (but the Avalon's still under warranty though, for another 18,000 miles anyway). Go ahead get the Buick, it's 1/5 the cost of a new Japanese luxury car and will last just as long, if not longer and parts/labor will be cheaper in the long run. Also consider, a Pontiac Bonneville and an Olds 88 (same cars, you might like the sportier styling a bit better). The '96 Olds 88's have a beautiful front end in my opinion, very clean looking.

"Chuck" wrote in news:jkYCc.3270$mN3.645@lakeread06:

Reply to
Justin

Have had a '94 LeSabre for 10 years, bought new as a second car. 61k miles. Only problem we have ever had was just last February when the alternator went sour, so had to replace that plus a new battery. Several 1300 mile road tips averaged 28-29 mpg. Thinking of selling now and getting something a little smaller because we just got into a house with a tight garage and we have a '97 Park Avenue, also one we are happy with. We traded in a '86 Olds for that one , 108k miles, never a problem.

Reply to
Martin

Reply to
Randall Harris

That body style started out in 1991 in Park Ave's and 1992 in Le Sabra's. I have drove a good number of them, a few with 200,000 miles on them.

It'sone of GM's best FWD platfroms, with one of GM's best FWD engines. The weak points are the transmissions, climate controlls, and window switches.

Personally I have been looking for one for under $1000 US. I missed out on a 94 Park Ave Utla for $900 US that needed a front end, rear bumper, and a crank sensor. That was at a dealer auction.

Around these parts the Average 94 Le Sabra Custom with under 100,000 will go for over $4,000. A Limited will go for over $4,500 with under

100,000 miles. Charles
Reply to
Charles Bendig

Neighbor next door has the 94 or 95 LeSabre...it's been a good car for him. A little paint peeling, etc, but good otherwise. He bought a 2002 LeSabre for the wife.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

I have a 93 and its been a great car for us. Did put in a new alternator but other then that still runs great with over 150,000 miles. One other problem with this one is a hole in the front fender from a Harley but the car won.

Tim

Reply to
Tim or Linda