thinking of buying a '94 S350 - comments?

Howdy!

I'm looking at a 1994 S350 TD with 285,000 km. The previous owner drove between Calgary, AB and Palm Springs, USA (thus mainly highway kilometers). The car seems in mint condition. I will be taking it to a MB shop to get checked out but I was curious as to what I should be looking at specifically?

I've read that this engine had a history of bending connecting rods? What would I look for in terms of engine problems? Is a compression test a reliable indicator? How can I test the A/C?

I would appreciate any and all comments!

cheers, Norm

Reply to
ColdCanuck

Just make sure that the A/C evaporator has been replaced recently. These

140 ch cars are horrible for this part. IIRC it is a 35 hour job to replace.
Reply to
Paul Elliot