Warranty Direct or other warranty companies

Has anyone had any experience with "WarrantyDirect" or any other aftermarket auto warranty companies?

Reply to
john smith

The one we have is called easy care. Stay away from them.

Reply to
Eugene

I would never, ever deal with any aftermarket extended warranty companies. If you are buying an extended warranty, insist upon one from the mfg. (like GM Major Guard).

These aftermarket companies sometimes go broke and often are difficult to collect from if you move or are out of town.

John

Reply to
John Horner

I purchased one for a used car that I bought at the dealers lot. They sold me an aftermarket warranty from "Dimensions Warranty". I used it several times and never had any problems. They may have questioned a repair cost a couple of times but always paid it.

Reply to
NoSpam

Most are junk. In my years as a SM in a repair facility, found them to pay half the bill, half the time. If you read the contracts carefully, you'll find many loopholes or "outs" as I like to call them leaning way toward the providers. They are a lot like insurance companys, quick to TAKE your money but REAL hard to get any from. Factory warranties are usually pretty up front & willing to get the problem fixed at whatever the cost. Good luck.

Reply to
PA-ter

As a friend of mine found out - pay for the service then submit bills to the warranty company, then the game begins

OTOH, we had the Toyota factory extended War. and when the cam bearing snapped on our 87 Tercel, our cost was $25 as stated in the warranty...

buyer beware pretty well covers any extended warranty plan.

Wir welle bleiwe wat mir sin (Letzebuergesch)

Reply to
munir