Was supposed to be an Impala rental report... Camry rental report

Believe me, looking into the mirror you'll only notice yourself aging...

Fine, just keep it to $0.02, not 50% of the posts!!!

Reply to
Neo

What year is your Bonneville, just curious? To my knowledge the Bonnevilles don't utilize parking lights for DRL. The low beam at low intensity for

96-99, the high beam at low intensity on the 2000-03, not sure about 04's or the GXP.

-- markwb

2001 Bonneville SLE

Reply to
markwb

I didn't realize that there was a rule like that. Is this NG hosted in a communist country without free speech? You must work for GM...sounds like about the right anti-customer culture I've found to be quite pervasive there.

Well, I'll tell you what. If GM sends me a check for the $6,500, the amount I lost dumping there POS 2003 Malibu LS about a year ago that had improperly designed lighting controls, (state law says the driver is solely responsible for the operation of the lights...but the car didn't have a way for the driver to completely control them). Then I'll go away....promise. Wanna bet that doesn't happen either?

You can solve your own problem...killfile me (or ignore me). Simple solution...hey?

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Yeah, you definetely hasn't shown any knowledge about the rules of etiquette...

Reply to
Neo

I've got an '02 SLE. The inner reflectors used for DRL are also used for the parking lights. The high-beams are in the outer reflectors along with the low-beams.

Reply to
Neo

| > I didn't realize that there was a rule like that. | | Yeah, you definetely hasn't shown any knowledge about the rules of etiquette...

What specific rule of etiquette are you referring to?

Reply to
James C. Reeves

| > What year is your Bonneville, just curious? To my knowledge the Bonnevilles | > don't utilize parking lights for DRL. The low beam at low intensity for | > 96-99, the high beam at low intensity on the 2000-03, not sure about 04's or | > the GXP. | | I've got an '02 SLE. The inner reflectors used for DRL are also used | for the parking lights. The high-beams are in the outer reflectors | along with the low-beams.

You had mentioned in a previous post that your DRLs are the turn signal type but that they "appear" similar to low beam headlamps. That implies that the light they produce is white in color. Question...are there two bulbs contained within each of the turn signal/parking lamp reflector housings? The parking lamp/turn signal bulb is a two-filiment typically amber-colored bulb (from the factory), so it couldn't produce white light. The only way I can see that a turn signal DRL could produce white light is if. 1. It was outfitted with clear lamps, which would also make the turn signals and parking lights produce white light as well. Or, 2. there are two separate lamps contained within the reflector housing, one clear (for the DRL) and one amber coated (for the park/turn). Just curious, how is yours set up?

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Neo, I'm not understanding what you are saying. What are the inner reflectors? The high beams are the DRL's. The high beams are placed in series electrically with each other when in DRL mode, it has nothing to do with the parking lights.

-- markwb

2001 Bonneville SLE

Reply to
markwb

Not all cars use the tunr signals as parking lights...

Reply to
Neo

You're a troll!

Reply to
Neo

The Bonneville has 4 reflectors, 2 closer to the grill, 2 beside the turn signals:

Neo

| > The parking | > lamp/turn signal bulb is a two-filiment typically amber-colored bulb (from the | > factory), so it couldn't produce white light. | | Not all cars use the tunr signals as parking lights...

That didn't answer the question. In either case they would be amber in color.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

| > What specific rule of etiquette are you referring to? | | You're a troll!

First time I've been accused of that, to my face anyway! :-)

Reply to
James C. Reeves

I hate to tell you this...your DRLs are the high beams.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Forget about reflectors, grills, inners, outers, parking lights, and all that. The high beams also function as daytime running lights. When you take the car out of "park" then drive away, the high beams are illuminated at low brilliance. The DRL relay (ambient light sensor detecting daylight) when picked up, places the high beams in series (voltage dropping) to dim the high beams, that's it. Unless you've done modifications to your lighting controls ?

-- markwb

2001 Bonneville SLE

Reply to
markwb