What does GM have to go toe to toe with this??

That may be your opinion but the Fusion and the Milan has outsoared the Camry and Accord in several recent consumer survey, including CR, and comparison tests by the buff mags.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I rode bikes for 59 of my 81 years and never had to lay one down but, I've seen many who have. If you are indeed riding at 130 MPH may I suggest you sign an organ donation card? ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

It's not I that doesn't understand, you haven't a clue what you're talking about (as usual, should be no surprise to regular readers of this newsgroup.) An engine will be most efficient at the speed at which it was designed to be most efficient, period. Stating anything beyond that is a gross generalization and likely to be false at least half the time.

In any case, the generalizations you make in your post below have no basis in fact.

nate

Mike Hunter wrote:

Reply to
N8N

Perhaps that is true in your world. What is the color of the sky in your world LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

It's blue.

Now please explain to the audience which orifice you pulled your fuel economy numbers out of below.

I can tell you from personal experience that a Volkswagen engine will get best economy at around 3500 RPM or higher; a Studebaker V-8 of all things is perfectly happy and delivers reasonable economy as high as

3000 RPM.

Of course, your rectal data trumps real world experience every time, because you're the amazing anonymous engineer, service manager, fleet coordinator, or whatever the hell you feel like calling yourself this week. You're not fooling anyone, "Mike," so why don't you just cut the shit and stop trying to impress us with your "knowledge" and just hang out, have a virtual beer, and maybe learn something?

nate

Mike Hunter wrote:

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Track day in New Hampshire... So far I've only been in the saddle 31 years. I have been down twice. Once was my fault for not avoiding a cager who ran a red light and tagged the rear tire. The second was when a dumb brown animal decided she needed a ride. Nothing like going along at 55 mph and having a 150 pound doe jump onto the pillion!

Reply to
Steve W.

All I can say is that's one hell of a doe. It's hard to find a doe that big anywhere in the country. In fact, most whitetail bucks taken every year are less than that. Not that it really matters - a 100 pound doe is equally distressing at 50mph.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Yep...American bikes. All I need to know.

Reply to
Johnny Cakes

Found out last year how big a buzzard looks 3' from your head. 6' wingspan.. If we'd collided my guess would've been half ton. :)

Reply to
Captain Midnight

Poser!

Reply to
Captain Midnight

LOL... yeah, stuff does look a lot bigger when it's coming at you at a mile a minute. Had half a brick fall off an overpass once onto the hood of a car I was riding in once... looked like it was falling in slow motion, but the dang thing looked as big as my head. Would have killed me just as dead had we been about two feet farther down the road anyway...

sad thing was, it was my friend's car and we'd just finished painting it a couple weeks earlier. I did most of the shooting and I was pretty proud of it. The windshield held (as evidenced by the fact that I'm typing this) but there was a pretty good sized dent in the hood where it hit first. Just to keep it on-topic for this NG, it was a

1970-something Impala that I believe was his grandfather's car...

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Seriously lucky indeed Nate. A few years ago a couple of kids in the area thought it would be funny to drop a cinder block off an overpass on I-81, onto a passing car. It went right through the windshield and killed the driver. Was a real shame. It's just too bad there is this kind of stupidity in the world. Glad your experience was less dramatic.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Pussy

Reply to
Jesus

I hope they caugh the kids and hung them from the bridge. Kids like that don't deserve a second chance.

Reply to
Jesus

Yeh tell that to guy with the girls bra hanging from his handlebars...I bet he feels like a real loser. Anyway who want to ride a bike that sits your ass up in the air while leaning on the gas tank? I hate being behind those bikes looking at some guys ass as if he is ready to be mounted. It just looks so gay...especially if he is wearing shorts shorts with flip flops.

Reply to
Jesus

Yeh those plastic japanese bikes are called throw away bikes...not worth fixing so you throw them away and buy another one.

Reply to
Jesus

That may be true in ride and quality but the fusion is still not much to look at, the milan has better accents and look a bit better.

Reply to
Jesus

How true, hitting a rabbit in a turn can kill you. ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

My bought a $#it load of Jap bikes for myself and my two sons over the years because they were cheap. After giving them away so many times we switched to Harleys. In two or three years you could sell a Harley for nearly what it cost new. My sons and my one daughter all have Harleys today. ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

As with woman, beauty is in the behind of the holder, or something like that ;0

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter