Flashy Grand Am 1999

  1. 1999 PONTIAC GRAND AM
  2. Engine size 2.4 L4
  3. Transmission AUTOMATIC
  4. Mileage 160000
  5. Fuel Injection
  6. ABS brakes
  7. Cruise control CRUISE CONTROL, A/C, POWER STEERING

My 1999 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2dr 4cyl automatic transmission is messing up. When I open a door, bump in to it, turn it on or do anything that involves electricity the car lights start flashing and clicking and if I hadn't turned of my alarm horn it would beep sometimes. It will even start flashing when I come to a stop light, and the engine is still running. It does this every time! My pass lock light on the dash is constantly FLASHING. This all started happening a few months ago when I let my friend drive the car and the battery just died, I replaced the battery but we accidentally grounded it when we hooked it up (positive to negative and negative to positive, big spark) Did I completely mess it up and is there anyway to stop the flashing and clicking? It is driving me crazy. I have to turn my headlights on during the day so people will not think I stole the car. Is this my passlock? I can start my car every time and the passlock light is FLASHING not staying on constantly. Can I expect my car to stop starting any day? We tried to cut the yellow wire attached to the ignition but it didn't do any thing because I can start it every time so I doubt it is my ignition/ignition sensor. Please help I don't have the money or want to spend it on a dealer fixing it. I keep reading about installing a remote start to bypass the passlock but my car STARTS. What do I do?

Reply to
amazonaby