What is this red light on my Le Sabre dash ? photo below

I can't find this anywhere in the owners book , wondered what it is for and what it means when it comes on.

TIA. P. Mitchell

Reply to
HLM

I forgot to mention it's a 2002 LeSabre Limited.

Reply to
HLM

I make the guess that it is the vehicle theft light or an aftermarket version or dealer installed version of a vehicle theft deterrent light. Of course I have no facts to back it up with.

...Ron

--

68'RS Camaro 88'Formula 00'GT Mustang
Reply to

Reply to
Shep

My 2002 Le sabre Custom without the Head's Up Display, doesn't have a red light there :( , but I love her anyway :) .

Reply to
Steve, Has Tiger firmly by tai

Thanks all.

I suspected it was not factory original.

Reply to
HLM

As the other poster said, its probably for an after market alarm system. Does the car have a keyed hood lock under the dash? Did you buy the car used? Does it have an alarm? Does the red light even light?

Harryface

05 Park Avenue, 33,138 91 Bonneville LE 305,222
Reply to
Harry Face

Hmmm, looks like an indicator for an alarm system. Probably not factory.

John

Reply to
John Horner

Car is used, I got it last week. Light does not light up ( so far ), no sign of alarm system yet but I will look again. Love the car, only problem now is instruments and heater/ac ctrls are dark at night, they work ok but no lighting. any tips on what to look for ? ( fuse # 7 is ok )

Reply to
HLM

If that red light ever does come on, exit the car immediately and run as fast as you can...just kidding.

Reply to
James Goforth

Probably just an ornamental decoration.

Reply to
Lumpy Rutherford

I suspect its just an ornamental option, to make the dash look more importatnt.

Reply to
Lumpy Rutherford

It was so DARK yesterday afternoon...that when I stopped at a red light then the traffic light turned green, my dashboard lit up because the Daytime Running Lights switched off.

Later, that night, my dash would not light up when I started my car! I had to manually turn on my lights FROM Daytime Running Lights Mode to Nighttime Mode in order for my dash lights to light up in the pitch black.

I drove around but nothing helped fix the problem. I let the car sit for an hour then went to the store to pick up some milk, and the dash still did not work right. When I pulled into the store parking lot, a cop was there with his rader going. When I came out, the cop was gone, but my car started up and now my dash lights work fine. Could it be that just slamming the trunk shut fixed the problem?

| > Harryface | > 05 Park Avenue, 33,138 | > 91 Bonneville LE 305,222 | >

| |

Reply to
Cymbal Man Freq.

"Cymbal Man Freq."