Will be renting an Impala for this trip coming up.

I will be renting an Impala LS for my upcoming trip on Thursday to Little Rock Ark & Branson, Mo. The rental car company can't guarantee it will be there tomorrow ( its there today ). Even thought I made a resservation. They know how to take the reservation but they can't hold on to it ( sounds like a Sienfelt episode ).The 2nd choice is a Grand Prix, if that's gone its..............ye,ol'......... Taurus : - (

The LS I saw there today has the leather bucket seat interior in it.

WIll post a rental report next week. The Bonneville isn't seaworthy for this trip and I've no time to play fix it man before Thursday.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~280,385 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

Impalas are nice. 3400 or 3800? If they don't have the Impala, and you get the Grand Prix (is it the new one or previous model?). If it's the previous model GP, you'll notice how cramped the seats are and how hard it is to get in/out of the GP plus the ergonomics are a little goofy. I'd go so far as to recommend a Buick Century, even a Chevy Malibu, over a GP. I worked for Alamo Car Rental for 3 years and drove all of these cars everyday.

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Harry Face) wrote in news:19247-40A14CC8-565 @storefull-3114.bay.webtv.net:

Reply to
Justin

If He's renting an LS then it has to be an 3800.

See if the have fixed the squeaky arm rests or the wind noise at the A pillar.

Reply to
Eugene

Justin,

These are 2004 cars. The GP is the new body. Impala LS has the 3800. The only other GM cars offered are Alero & Grand Am. Other cars they have are Mustang & Sebring convertibles. Towncar, Taurus, Toyota's & Mitsu's.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~280,385 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

Is it just me or is the rear doors for the 04 GP awkward?

Reply to
Paradox

Paradox wrote : is it just me or is the rear doors for the 04 GP awkward?

Awkward looking or awkward function wise?

Getting in & out of one at the Chicago Auto Shop was hard. You had to duck to get in and the rear seat area is very cramped. No leg, knee oe foot room. It is also unbelieveable how far the back glass comes forward, well beyond your head.

A very low roofline indeed. From a side stance it looks sharp & I like the cropped down side windows on the rear doors. Its just to bad the floor wasn't lower so you could fit in the car.

You realize Women are designing alot of cars now.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~280,596 miles_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

Hmmmm...convertibles hey!?

Reply to