Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

coolant mixture indicator
You know that little thing you can buy from the hardware store which allows you to siphon a small amount of coolant (antifreeze/water) from the rad and the needles shows you how cold a temperature is...
3
3

4.3 V6 full-size poor performance
93 Chevy 1/2 ton WT with 4.3 V6, automatic. 81K miles. excellent condition and maintenance. I know it's never going to be a tire smoker, but I owned a similar truck years ago (recently bought this...
2
2

evaporation of engine coolant under normal condition?
Being that engine coolant is a mixture of water and antifreeze. I suppose it is normal for some to evaporate off even when you have the cap on the reservoir tank fully closed (it evaporate through...
2
2

Torque convertor
92 Astro, 4.3, 4 speed overdrive How does the torque convertor get fluid? Is it only when you fill it when you have it out, or is it getting fluid transfer when the vehicle is running. Am replacing a...
1
1

FS 1979 wrecked chevy fullsize scotsdale c/30 Harbor commercial bed
Located in so. California, near San Bernardino. The front end is damaged and the truck will run; however it cannot be driven, 454 bb with a 400 turbo trans. the engine has maybe 20,000 miles on a...

Re: R/R Alternator on Astro van
*** post for FREE via your newsreader at *** You seem to be the master of understatement . I've changed on a '94 Astro, and it isn't fun, but it can be done. Needless to say, you've got to pull the...

Re: Externally Seal a Coolant Leak ???
No Dave
4
4

Re: Park Avenue Signal Light Always On
John, Try turning the hazard switch on and then off. It could be stuck in between. If this doesn't work, replace the hazard/turn flasher module (GM # 25684395 , and about $31), and if that doesn't...

Park Avenue Signal Light On
Hi I have a 1998 Buick Park Avenue. The left signal light stays on all the time and does not blink. It is even on when the ignition is off. I pull out the fuse for the hazard flasher to make the light...
1
1

A/C diagnosis/repair, DIY?
The A/C in my truck has never worked since the day I bought it, which is over two and a half years ago. Presumably the system is empty (R-12 printed on the compressor). Is there a way I can tell if...
2
2

Nasty alternator/generator control voltage problem
Vehicle: -95 GM Lumina APV Van with 3800 (3.8L VIN L) General Symptoms: -Intermittent loss of alternator/generator charging (particularly when hot right after startup or unplugging and then plugging...
10
10

57 Chevy parts
Can anyone please give me a price on what just the hood rockets on a 57 Chevy would be worth in repro or in NOS shape? Also, what would a good set of the headlite rings with the mesh inserts go for?...

Re: Is it Intake Manifold Gasket problem? No coolant in oil
if your coolant level was full last year and now it is empty???? how as it a month after last year??? how often do you check it??? you should check it each time you gas up and add what it needed.......
5
5

buick regal radio display problem
I have 2000 Buick Regal LS monsoon radio/cd/tape player. The display will not show clock or track info while playing cd. The unit is working fine and at night all buttons lit, but main display will...
4
4

geo metro wont start hot
driving me nuts after car warms up and you turn off it will not start for about an hour geo metro 1992 1.0l