Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Fuel pump relocation
Just siphon the gas out, then take the tank down with a floor jack. you have already wasted the time it takes to do it the right way... >
1
1

I have cunks of something in my Radiator? Mini van
I have a Montana 2000 which I bought at an auction a year ago. I notice I was low on coolant in the reservoir. Then I opened the rad cap and it is full, but it has some kind of chunks floating in the...
4
4

3.8 head gasket removal
This is for NA 1994 Bonneville w/ 185k miles on it. Currently leaking oil. I'm doing a head gasket change next week-end. If after removing everything connected to the head and removing the head bolts,...
2
2

Question about Error Codes
Question: I Have a 90 Buick Park Avenue, is it true the computer won't set an Error code unless the fault persist for at least seven seconds (or some rather large number)?
1
1

Starting Problem on 90 Buick Park Avenue
I Have have a 90 Buick Park Avenue that has recently had the problem of not starting after it runs for awile. My OBD1 shows no error codes and there are no Temp Lights. And I have check the coolant...
2
2

85 Citation II Ignition
Hi ho, Just inherited the subject car; 98k and driven by an old lady (my mother(!)) when it wasn't in the garage all its life, just stopped running. FI ok but no spark. I discovered that this...

Re: 01 Silverado- Rusty Rotors warrant replacment ?
Of course its going to rust. There's no type of finish on the rotors to prevent rust. It's basically a chunk of cast iron. The pads wear the rotors down a little each time you brake. How would you not...
2
2

Injector Pulse NOT corresponding the LOW Integrator and BLM?
A friend of mines 91 Grand Prix(3.1) has been running rich for some time now. Yesterday I took out my Snap-On Scanner to see if I could identify any problems. Everything looked OK, EXCEPT for one...

Fuel pump replacement
Hey guys, I was told that on my 90 olds (I know .. I know .. It's still a GM product) the best way to replace the fuel pump, was to remove the back seat, and I would find a place to unbolt and get...
2
2

FA: 2002 Corvette Convertible Silver 5900 miles
Auction ends in one day!!! Thanks!!

Poor gas milage for 03 Tahoes - Flex Fuel chage culprit?
A friend of mine has an 03 Tahoe and complains of poor gas mileage. I have an 01 and get better mileage than his. Both are 5.3 liter plants. City mileage: 17 (mine) vs. 14 (his) Is this because of the...
2
2

1972 SS Chevelle $2700 w/454
have a project car that was originally a 1972 Chevrolet Chevelle SS small block that is partially converted to a SS 454. It has a motor, trans and some additional parts. Good body, ready to go. I can...

Re: No Brake lights or Turn signals on 97 Calavier
I'd check for a blown fuse, first of all (check both the fuse box in the left side of the dash, and the under-hood fuse box..)
3
3

1990 LeSabre top speed?
I was watching a police chase show on TV a few minutes ago. A cop was chasing a '90 LeSabre at speeds approaching 120 MPH. Two questions: 1. Wouldn't this car have a fuel cutoff at around 109 MPH or...
4
4

Re: Opinions on '94 Cavalier RS
Look at charging fittings R 12 uses a standard schrader [ tire ] valve, R 134A uses an Acme fitting, which looks like a compressed air quick connect fitting, and will have a red or blue plastic cap.