'00 honda civic will not start

I'm not the most car savvy person, but I know enough to keep it running.

I have a 00 Civic DX, recently had engine work (broken crank shaft) at 73000 miles. Replaced battery about 3 weeks ago, drove car to work this morning at

8 am, came out for lunch at 1 and car will not start. Car is manual transmission, battery seems to be functioning properly as well as alternator. Any ideas? Car was functioning properly as far as I could tell this morning, is there any way I can start it? I've heard about pushing a manual and getting it to start but have never attempted it myself.
Reply to
lwilkerson83

More detail's needed. When you turn the key in the ignition, do you hear the starter trying to turn the engine over? Or is it pretty quiet with only clicking sounds?

What signs are there that the battery is functioning properly?

Check the battery terminal connections for reasonable tightness, meanwhile.

"lwilkerson83" wrote

Reply to
Elle

Reply to
lwilkerson83

Ignition switch problems are where I would be looking next. See

. It's a little ambiguous as to whether this would apply to a

2000 Honda. Still this newsgroup has seen a helluva lot of ignition switch failures. Based on that, eliminate it next. Or it might be the problem.

"lwilkerson83" wrote

Reply to
Elle

Put key to on position, push in clutch, get someone to push you and pop the clutch. Voila car should start.

Reply to
JRL

"lwilkerson83" wrote in news:80b7147a0dd1c@uwe:

"ALMOST" completely silent? "Almost"?

There's a lot of portent in that "almost".

What kind of noise /do/ you hear? It is /very/ critical that you /accurately/ report your observations!

Do you hear a sort of clicking or chattering? Even a very quiet one?

When you try to crank, does the dome light dim slightly or not at all?

Reply to
Tegger

...as long as you put it in gear...preferably second....

Reply to
0.0

Oops good point.

Reply to
JRL

Read through this thread:

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

motsco_ wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

by "not start",does he mean "not CRANK"??? or does it crank but not start/run?

I wonder how he broke a crankshaft?

Reply to
Jim Yanik