06 accord speaker died?

I was in my 06 accord today, just started driving and my front right speaker just kicked out. I faded the radio all the way to the front and to the right and the tweeter in the dash works, but not the main speaker in the door pannel... guess I gotta call honda tomarrow. has anyone had any problem with their speakers in ther 06 (or any for that mater) hondas?

thanks

-Nick

Reply to
Dr Nick

Never had a problem with any speakers in the Honda vehicles I have owned over the years.

Reply to
Brian Smith

My right rear speaker on an '05 Accord sounds like it has something loose. Volume is not high and other settings are maybe +1. All others speakers are fine - just need to schedule an appt to take it back sometime.

-Dave

Reply to
Dave L

ok this si wierd, I got in ym car today and the speaker works FINE.... really wierd, since it just kicked out for no reason, and today it's working perfectly... any ideas? I figured if a wire was loose it would kick in and out no? could it have anything to do with it being the clodest day we've had here since I've had teh car (was about 15 degrees F here in RI yesterday)

Reply to
Dr Nick

Could be a marginal cold solder joint in the speaker, or it could be in the radio itself (or amplifier pack if separate).

Reply to
Seth

Are you playing the same CD? Could be a bad CD or bad radio broadcast.

Reply to
Art

I definetly tried other sources when the speaker went out, and the tweeter in the dash played, but not the door speaker.... gonna get it looked at this week.

-Nick

Reply to
Dr Nick

.... gonna get it looked at this

Reply to
Howard H

Reply to
grace cosio

I had something similar with a much older Accord. It turned out that the connector on the back of the radio itself had some solder joints, between connector and printed circuit board, which had gone bad. This was probably due to vibration. I reflowed all the speaker wire joints and it has been fine ever since. Alan C

Reply to
Alan Combellack