1990 Honda Accord - shoulder harness doesnt move

Two days ago the shoulder harness on my 1990 Honda Accord quit moving when I start it. The owners manual says there is a way to manually crank it. I will check the fuse. If the fuse isnt the problem, how difficult is it to get to the motor ?

Wondering how long it will be before I get a ticket for no shoulder harness.

Gene Wagenbreth

------------------------

You probably have a lifetime warranty, if you are located in America. Book an appointment with the dealer.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

Gene Wagenbreth wrote in news:flugnh$ snipped-for-privacy@venera.isi.edu:

Your car has a lifetime warranty on seat belt functionality. Free fix for you at your local dealer. Do not try to fix it yourself.

Reply to
Tegger

What Curly said. My 91 Civic's shoulder harness ceased moving c. 2001. Took it to the dealer and they fixed it under the lifetime warranty. It did take them a week or some ridiculous amount of time. One can see this coverage listed in the warranty book that came with the new car.

Reply to
Elle

"Elle" wrote in news:13o72avpu9d5qa3 @corp.supernews.com:

Note that this permanenent warranty only applies to US-market Hondas and Acuras.

Canadian-market cars are covered under their normal limited (3-year?) warranty.

There is no law on either side of the border that compels automakers to warrant restraints in any special way.

Reply to
Tegger