1993 Civic Replace high stop lamp

How do you get the high stop lamp assy out of the spoiler on a hatchback so you can replace the lamp? I have never done it because the assy wont come out of the spoiler and all manuals indicate it is supposed to slide right out the hole after you remove the mount screws. I tried a few times before and always closed it up unfinished thinking I could do it later but now I really want to get it done. I removed the whole spoiler from the car and I still cant get it out or get the new lamp back in the back of the assy.

Reply to
Mike Costello