clio high level stop lamp dim

Hi, I have '53 reg Clio but I have noticed that the high level stop lamp is very dim. It can be seen at night but hard to see in the day. It is one of the LED types. Before I take it back to the garage does anyone know what might cause this and whether it is a common problem?

Reply to
Paulie

Poor earth contact

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton

any idea where the earth contact is on this model? all the other lights are perfect. all I can find is a plug that goes into the unit which appears fine

Reply to
Paulie

On

No I dont sorry, but 95% of this type of problem are down to poor earth connections. If I wasnt so ill at the moment I would go out and check ours. It will be a seperate wire just for this light though so wont affect any other lights. If you don't get any joy tracing wires have a chat with a friendly auto electrician, should not take hime long to check it out. Sorry I cant be of any more help

DAve

Reply to
Dave Stanton

thanks Dave I will have a dig about on the weekend

Reply to
Paulie