2003 CRV Engine Noise

I have a 2003 CRV with only 30k miles. It is still running ok but there seems to be a lot noise coming from the top front of the engine. I just noticed it last night and it went away after the engine ran about 10 minutes.

The belt seems ok and the fluid levels are fine. Could the steering pump be failing this early or is there something else that failing.

Thanks for your opinions.

Reply to
Anonamous

Pretty much impossible to answer from a computer terminal.

"Could the steering pump be failing"? Sure. Anything can happen. Your best bet would be to open the hood and listen while the noise is present. See what it is coming from.

Is your steering working OK? Does the noise change when you steer? Especially when you are not moving?

Reply to
Joe LaVigne

Not a prime suspect but easy to check and correct: is the coolant level okay? My daughter's Accord was making a loud squalling noise like a seized bearing when she made sharp turns before the engine warmed up. Refilling the coolant (and ultimately replacing the cracked radiator) cured it.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee