2003 V6 Accord surges at 3rd gear

I have a 2003 Accord with 66000 miles and an automatic transmission. When moving into third, the rpms suddenly rise dramatically (although the speed does not), and then it engages 4th gear. This just started. Any ideas?

John

Reply to
JohnW

I'm not an expert on this, but I'll ask the questions they need to know:

1) When was the auto tranny fluid last changed? (I'm assuming the level is okay, checked per the owners fine manual) 2) Are you sure Honda transmission fluid was used?

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Is this all the time, or just under hard accelerration?

If the later, yeah, lots of Honda trannies seem to do that. Changing the fluid may fix it for a few months at a time.

J.

Reply to
JXStern