2004 EX-L 6 cyl service/milage belt and valve service and milage

Just performed timing belt change and adjusted the valves on the above (101k miles). Prior to the service, I would average about 27 MPG highway and 21.2 around town according to the trip computer. I've compared this to actual calculated mileage numerous times, and it is within about .1-.2 mpg.

Now that I've taken a few of the round trips that I normally do (about

250 mi. each way) I have some comparative information.....on my last trip, mileage was 29.6 mpg highway (average speed 63.4 mph....I am certainly not a 65mph guy), and I've ranged 29-29.5 over the last 3 runs. Around town I've been getting around 22.4.

Overall, not too shabby for a couple of mornings of work.......I'm sure the improvement has everything to do with the valve adjustment. The belt/water pump/etc. would have little to do with it (unless there was a bad bearing somewhere that wasn't "whining").

Just an FYI....

Reply to
Stewart

You may also be using summer blend gas which gives you better gas mileage than winter blend.

Reply to
getagrip

Not quite yet....and my previous gas mileage never got over the high

27's (at least over the past 2-3 years) over the same trip no matter the time of year.
Reply to
Stewart