2006 Accord won't start mystery

Got my 06 Accord V6 EX on March-14, it refused to start right after we drove

25miles back from dealer lot.

Someone recommended the "flood" way described in manual, and it worked.

At end of April, the car did the same thing again. We tried the same solution but it did not work that time. So, the less than two months new car was towed to a local Honda dealer. The dealer could not find any problem except reported that it seems flooded--too much gas on ignition. It seems that my flood way did make the ignition wet and it left the only sign of not starting. Computer scan can not find anything wrong!

Still a mystery, why my 06 refused to start occasionally. Yes, it is under warranty but I lost confidence on this 06. I will not drive it more than

20miles from home in case it needs towing again.

The tow truck guy said he had seen "many" new Accord having similar symptons. The dealer asked if I drove only a few feet (say from garage to driveway) because he saw the same problem on some cars and they all pointed to that common possible reason. Well, my case is definitely different. One tome drove 3 miles non-stop, the second time drove 7 to 8 miles. No sign of failure before it happened, engine ran smoothly and powerful. No idea and never expected it will refuse to start while it was running great just few minutes/one hour ago...

Any idea, anyone experienced similar problem here?

Reply to
harry

I guess that is how they get to ultra low emissions. :)

Reply to
Art

It also goes to show that having an old beater can beat having a brand new vehicle...

JT

Art wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Heard that answer before -- when electronic fuel injection and ignition started to make its appearance.

Reply to
tww

In article , "harry" wrote:

[...]

It appears to me to be a fuel flow problem or a problem related to those electrical items that have an effect upon the fuel flow. Since the vehicle is under warranty, take it back to the dealer and request that they have a mechanic check every item related to fuel flow. Ask for a full report such as the condition of the fuel pump, main relay , injectors, wiring, fuel pressure. You may want to check this site to see if there were similar issues with your car and the 2005 6 cyld. Accord:

Ask the service manager to determine if there are any TSBs (technical service bulletins) related to this issue in your car and the 2005 6 cyld. Accord. Can someone else suggest another site that has TSBs or at least the title of TSBs. Jason

Reply to
Jason Johnson

Sounds like a fuel injector is leaking. Had this problem on my Rodeo years ago. Once the injector was replaced, all was well for years.

G-Man

Reply to
G-Man

-------------------------------

Wrong symptoms.

The OP said it was happening after sitting only a few minutes. A leaky injector will usually show up after the vehicle sits for several hours. That's why it most often manifests on a Monday morning. It can take a whole weekend to drain the fuel rail pressure one drop at a time. Engine ends up totally flooded and owner has no idea to check the owner's manual for the (temporary) fix.

Unless it's really sticking wide open, which could explain the problem happening in just a few minutes.

I dunno. 'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

Check out the lemon law criteria in your state. After a certain number of repeated attempts to repair the same problem you may be entitle to a replacement vehicle or your money back.

John

Reply to
John Horner

Check out the lemon law criteria in your state. After a certain number of repeated attempts to repair the same problem you may be entitle to a replacement vehicle or your money back. John

John, Excellent post. The OP should visit this site: This is related to the lemon law in California and the laws in other states should be about the same:

Jason Johnson

I purchased the car in Maryland but I live in Virginia. Which state's law applies?

Reply to
harry

I purchased the car in Maryland but I live in Virginia. Which state's law applies?

I suggest that you contact the service manager and manager (or owenr) of the Honda dealership and tell him that you are considering going to the news media and filing a lemon law lawsuit if they refuse to solve the problem. For example, they should replace the injectors under the warranty program. If that does not solve the problem, they should replace the main relay. If that does not solve the problem--every item (elec. and mechan.) related to the fuel flow system should be replaced. In addition, the ignition should be replaced since ignition system problems are common in relation to Honda vehicles. I don't understand why they have not already done these things.

In regard to your question, my guess would be Maryland and the original dealer that sold you the car would also be listed in your claim. You may also want to do a carfax report to find out if you really are the original owner. For example, google Maryland Lemon Law and Virginia Lemon Law. Also googel carfax--it's probably carfax.com

Jason

Reply to
Jason Johnson

Reply to
loewent via CarKB.com

Actually you need to read the state law. And if it is vague you will need to check prior case law. It is possible that a particular state law was drafted to protect buyers of vehicles of a particular age no matter where they were bought. Read the statute.

Reply to
Art