2006 civic coupe

Does anyone have any experience with subject model? r/ Jim

Reply to
Jimbo

"Jimbo" wrote in news:8oslf.4529$hI1.4091 @tornado.socal.rr.com:

Yes, we've had one for almost 2 months now. Nice looking, fun to drive although the transmission sounds a bit noisy at about 1500 RPM for some reason (going to get it checked on the first service check). MP3 skips occassionally but not often enough to be a serious problem. The premium sound system of the EX is awesome as it adds a subwoofer to the package along with volume, mode & channel buttons on the wheel. Overall I'm very happy with it.Not that it matters (*cough cough yeah right*) ;) but Motor Trend named it their Car of the Year.

One minor thing though, models in Canada allready had a recall for possibly faulty installation of the gas pedal. Ours was checked & there was no problem but a recall that soon with a new model is of course somewhat disconcerting. It's just such a fun car to drive it didn't bother me too much!!

(I also tried the Mazda 3 & Corolla before deciding on the Civic)

Reply to
Paul C.

A recall so soon is not unusual at all, regardless of the car maker. Because it's a new model, little things like this are likely to pop up.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

Reply to
James

"James" wrote in news:l_Clf.195068$Io.67527@clgrps13:

Hardly, it's an awesome looking car. Perhaps your eyes need examining :)

Reply to
Paul C.

Best looking Civic yet IMHO.

G-Man

Reply to
G-Man

We love ours so far!

Reply to
Rick Morris

I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder :) I was all set to get the SI, until I saw it... Went for the RSX instead :)

Reply to
James

Thanks all for you comments. I think it is a fine looking car but my son agrees with the ugly. Some find form and function attractive I suppose. I intend to buy one I just wanted to make sure there was not in ugly monsters in it's closet. You just can't beat 40mpg! r/ Jim

Reply to
Jimbo

if I were you I would wait for the 07's. The 06's are the first year of the new design and are bound to have flaws/recalls.

Reply to
James