2007 AccordEX V-6 6-Spd MT w/ XM Radio Sedan

Greets,

I just purchased a 2007 Accord EX V-6 6-Spd MT w/ XM Radio Sedan, and I noticed that the motor is ultra rough when I turn the vehicle off. Is this normal when they are new? It is hard to explain the "roughness", but my

2000 EX V-6 did not exhibit this behavior.

FWIW, the car is in neutral when I turn the ignition off. Other than that, it is VERY FUN to drive and I think I made a great choice in a cross between something sporty and practical. I smoked a new Nissan Maxima when I drove the Accord off of the lot, so I am happy with its performance.

Now my gripe... Why in the hell did Honda not include MP3 capabilities in its in dash head unit? Even the freaking Ford Focus has MP3 abilities.

Reply to
Gunz4Me

please explain - how can a motor that's switched off be rough?

try not to "smoke" the motor too much when new. read the owner manual for run-in instructions. read the owner manual, period.

it's the only thing frod /can/ do - frod buyers don't buy based on technology or superiority of product - they buy based on the freakin' stero - go figure.

Reply to
jim beam

What type of roughness?

This could explain the roughness.

Don't like the stereo? Don't buy the car.

Reply to
Brian Smith

I'm curious why you think yoiu have to tell us it has XM Radio.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

jim beam wrote in news:zradnXAIZOAWK1vYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net:

I interpret his statement to mean "gives a hard shake when it's turned off".

Reply to
Tegger

Yep that is it. It doesn't always do it, though.

Reply to
Gunz4Me

Because my last one didn't....

Reply to
Gunz4Me

Hard shake of the vehicle. I am not used to that.

I only did it once and I am trying to be gentle on it, but the temptation is hard to resist.

That is a needless gripe. A new radio is easy to come by for cheap. IIRC, Honda used to sell a MP3/WMA deck to add to the factory radio. I don't know if this option exists for the 2007 model??

Reply to
Gunz4Me

Because XM is so freaking good he can't live without it.

Reply to
NoDownTime

LOL, it almost makes up for the fact that the car lacks MP3 capabilities. I think I will LOVE XM on my trip from Louisiana to Florida next weekend! I discovered the Boneyard, and haven't tuned off of it since.

Reply to
Gunz4Me